You know I’m not into one trick ponies in the kitchen. Yes. I’m talking to you garlic press. So when I read you could make Crockpot Pizza, I had to give it a try. I mean, I’ve had great success with Pumpkin Spice Cake, Lasagna, Scalloped Potatoes and of course soups and stews. Let’s see about pizza in the crock pot!
I have tried making pizza in a Crockpot before and it turned out great. However, if I can find a recipe that is great and easier, that’s something that I have to try. This Crockpot Pizza lives up to the hype and is very easy to make and very tasty to eat. The only change I made was using Provolone cheese instead of Mozzarella. Provolone is the cheese I grew up eating on pizzas and I truly believe it has so much better taste than Mozzarella for pizzas.
- 1 Can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1-2 Cups pizza sauce
- 1-2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I prefer Provolone)
- We like to use Canadian bacon, onion, bell pepper, pineapple… whatever the kiddos choose
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Unroll the crust dough and place on the bottom of the slow cooker and let it come up on the sides about an inch.
- Add the desired amount of pizza sauce on top of the dough and add the rest of the toppings you choose.
- Cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours (the sides of the pizza will pull away from the slow cooker and begin turning brown) then uncover and let cool for about 20-30 minutes.
- The pizza should be able to be lifted from the slow cooker using two spatulas, and you will have a Crockin’ Good Pizza.
- Slice, serve, and ENJOY!
Thanks to averagebetty for the great and very informativevideo.
Thanks to the CrockinGirls for this great recipe for this delicious Crockpot Pizza.