This a great Cajun recipe. I have loved Cajun food ever since I first tried it. I yelled at my mother for not feeding me Cajun cooking when I was a kid (not really). This Crockpot Jambalaya has chicken, sausage and shrimp and just the right spices to make it true Cajun cooking. Try it and you’ll be hooked on Cajun food just like me. The video is a little small, but plenty good to teach you how to make this delicious dish.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 lb Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, deveined, tails off
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
1. Put chicken, sausage, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes in Crockpot.
2. Drizzle chicken broth on top.
3. Sprinkle seasonings on top.
4. Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
5. With 30 minutes left to cook, add shrimp.
6. Serve over sticky rice.
Let’s all thank CookieIsANatural for the handy video and this great Crockpot Jambalaya recipe.